Accessible 24-Hour Service
With just one phone call, Westchester Medical Center's full-service 24-hour One-Call Transfer Center makes the referral process easier and improves communication with referring physicians and institutions. When you call our toll-free number, you will have immediate access to the Transfer Center and to one of our on-site attending specialists at Westchester Medical Center.
To Refer or Transfer a Patient:
- Call 1-866-GO TO WMC.
- Have your patient's information ready, including name, condition, the referring physician's name and the hospital from which the patient is being referred.
- You will be kept on the line while the Westchester Medical Center attending physician is paged.
- The Transfer Center staff will facilitate a consult between you and the Medical Center's attending physician to discuss your patient's condition.
Once your patient is accepted to Westchester Medical Center, the Transfer Center will:
- Assist with either ground or medevac transportation at your request.
- Coordinate nursing unit and bed arrangements for your patient.
- Facilitate the transmission of necessary paperwork from the referring hospital to Westchester Medical Center, so that only one "report" is required.
- Notify you once the patient arrives at our hospital. The Transfer Center is available for both urgent and same-day admission transfers. This includes all transfers to our University Hospital, Maria Fareri Children's Hospital, Joel A. Halpern Trauma Center, and our adult and pediatric emergency departments.
Concerns or Communication
If at any time you have a question or concern about the One-Call Transfer Center or any other associated transfer or transport issues, please call us at (914) 493-7000 and ask for the on-call Transfer Center coordinator.